Overlooking Bassenthwaite Lake
- Lovely detached, Edwardian Guest House with many original features remaining
- Two self-catering accommodation options, Meadowside Cottage and Lakeside Lodge
- Spacious rooms with en suite facilities and views of the lake and Skiddaw
- Free on site parking
- Spacious dining room looking out onto the lake and mountains
- A tempting and varied breakfast menu which includes gluten free options on request
- Outside seating area on the terrace
- Bird table on the terrace
- A superb and peaceful location, less than 10 minutes drive to the popular town of Keswick or the Georgian town of Cockermouth
- A popular inn serving great food is within an 8 minute walk
- An excellent distillery and bistro are just 3 minutes drive
- The nearest pub/restaurant is within a 7 minute stroll
- The owners, Tim and Karen, pride themselves on outstanding customer service
Please find our COVID-19 measures document located in our posts. Click the small tab with the cross in the top right hand side of this page.
We regret to say we still remain closed. We are watching government updates and advice carefully and the current advice is to reopen on 4 July. Some guests have kindly moved the date of their visit to later on in the year (or even next year) for which we are very grateful. We understand that everyone’s circumstances differ and our aim is to make sure everyone is happy. Please contact us for further information about any current or future bookings you would like to make. It would be lovely to welcome you to Lakeside once our lives return to normal. Until then, stay safe and take care.
Tim & Karen
Four well-appointed rooms in our Guest House, some with spectacular views overlooking Bassenthwaite Lake and the mountains.
Modern self-catering accommodation options offer all the comforts of home. Meadowside Cottage sleeps 4 (option of a 5th bed on request) and Lakeside Lodge sleeps 2. Well behaved dogs are welcomed by prior arrangement at an additional charge.
View our suggested 3 night Spring/Summer Itinerary and our Outdoor Lovers Itinerary for your stay at Lakeside Country Guest House Bassenthwaite near Keswick.
Wake up each morning to stunning views of Skiddaw.
Lakeside accommodation superbly situated between Keswick and Cockermouth
Situated in Dubwath at the head of Bassenthwaite Lake. The shore is a short stroll away and rich with wildlife. Between April and September you may even be lucky enough to see the rare Ospreys that nest near the lake. Keswick and Cockermouth are a scenic ten minute drive in opposite directions from Lakeside Country Guest house. Cockermouth is known for being the birthplace of William Wordsworth. It is beautiful town with many Georgian buildings, plenty of independent shops and places to eat and drink. In the other direction Keswick is a popular outdoor town with dog friendly pubs, outdoor shops and activity providers.
There is superb walking in the Bassenthwaite area around Lakeside Country Guest House. Skiddaw, Sale Fell, Binsey and Dodd Wood are all within a 5-10 minute drive. There are some pleasant walks from the door to the lake shore or to Dubwath Meadows, a nature reserve with board walks and bird hides. Dodd Wood has a small tearoom and signed walks through the forest to the summit viewpoint where there is a stunning vista across Bassenthwaite and Derwentwater.
Make a booking
Check our online availability and book online, or contact us to discuss your booking requirements. We look forward to welcoming you to Lakeside Country Guest House, Meadowside Cottage and Lakeside Lodge